An undated postcard, but probably not long after the ship was bought by the NZ Shipping Company in England in 1936 and renamed from Shropshire to Rotorua. The ship didn't serve the NZSC long - on 11 December 1940 en route from Lyttelton to Bristol, England, she was torpedoed by German U-boat U96 off St Kilda, Scotland, and sank.
Dimensions: 165.8 x 18.59 x 8.15 metres
Installed propulsion: Steam quadruple expansion engines rated at 1,264 hp, dual shaft
Speed: 14 knots