Leyland Royal Tiger number 51 from 1951, later to be converted to the town's mobile library bus in 1959, sits in the sunshine. Twenty years later it was saved for preservation (by the painter) from a scrapyard near Whitehaven, but sadly some years later was attacked by vandals and scrapped. Behind it is two Crossley Condor double deckers, new to the town in 1948; these ran for only ten years before being replaced by Leyland Titans. The tow truck was a 1938 Leyland Titan converted for use as recovery vehicle in the late 1940s.
Oil on canvas panel 12x24" - for sale by the artist, Wallace Trickett.